Friday, September 17, 2021

The Beginning of our Summer

We had such a fun, busy and adventurous summer I couldn't include it all on one blog posts. We did lots of first, we took lots of trips and went on many adventures. I tried to split it up the best way I could.

We knew it was officially summer when Jack and Luke finished their first reading series. They worked so hard this year and they were ecstatic when I gave them their certificates. 



Our summer started with our annual "First Day of Summer" Day. They woke up to summer goodies, we had ice cream for lunch and had a water gun fight and watermelon snack with our neighbors. It was the best first day of summer!











Then, a few days later we jumped on a plane and headed to Louisiana! The boys love making this yearly trip and they always have a blast! 

They were so excited that we flew this year... we usually drive. This was much quicker!

Greeting us at the airport. I love Abram laughing at my dad. They have such a fun relationship. 


We didn't do anything grand this summer, we just soaked up our time together. Whether it was playing games, having water gun fights in the back yard, swimming at my sisters house, or hanging out with our cousins- we just had the best time! I love making these memories for the boys. 

Abram played games with my parents every evening when the twins went to bed. He loved this time with them!

Swimming at Aunt Julie's... one of our favorite things!




Playing checkers with their 93 year old great grandma!

So fun!

They love going to Chuck E. Cheese with Gram! They know I won't take them, so they don't even ask!

Water gun fights in the rain! 

Playing with my cousin's kids... they love seeing each other every summer!

Painting lessons with Granddad


Cousins!!


But don't be fooled... we also had a good time back in Alexandria this summer! Right when we got home the boys had VBS at our church. It was the best one I have ever seen and all three boys had a blast!


We also hosted a big Fourth of July party with our neighbors. We all hung out and ate and then we watch fireworks together. I think it's safe to say everyone had a BLAST!






And at the end of July we celebrated Abram's eighth Gotcha Day... I just can't believe it! He loved showing Jack and Luke his adoption book and explaining the pictures, eating Cheerios for breakfast and then we spent the day at Great Waves water park! 






We had a great summer... and we are just getting started!!












































































No comments:

Post a Comment