Thursday, May 21, 2020

End of the (Quarantined) School Year



I thought these pictures were appropriate at the end of this crazy school year. It definitely wasn't ideal and at times sad (thinking about things they missed out on), but I think, looking over all these pictures I can say it was good. Isn't that just like God? To take something different and uncertain and make it good and allow us to see His hand through it all? I just love it! There's a few ways that I have seen that God has shown us His goodness through all of this... 

1.  I'm so very glad that God called us to start our homeschooling journey before this quarantine time started. I love that we had our curriculum and routine in place. We just had to add on Jack and Luke. Abram has done an amazing job with transitioning to home schooling. He has loved our new schedule and he ABSOLUTELY loves Tuesdays when we go to our Classical Conversations community. We have met some amazing families and he really bonded quickly with his boys in his class. They were so welcoming to him! We are going to continue to work through the summer, definitely a lighter schedule, but we will continue. I am so very proud of him and I have loved this time with my sweet boy!





Luke and Jack finished their preschool years and they are moving onto Kindergarten... which I CANNOT believe! (I didn't forget out #2, it is further down). They did two years at Ortega Playschool and had the sweetest teachers. They were separated from each other for both years and they did an amazing job! I just love their graduation pictures! They look so grown up!







Okay... Here's #2- For their graduation, their school did a drive thru ceremony.  At first I thought it was going to be cheesy, but in true God fashion, I was wrong and it turned out to be amazing for everyone involved. The boys were crazy excited and I just kept thinking, "this isn't what it is supposed to be like." But Jack and Luke kept saying, "this is the best graduation ever." They loved hanging out the windows and waving at their teachers and friends and they loved the music and horns.  The staff made it so very fun for them and it turned into an amazing memory. I think all the parents were sad at this celebration, but by the end and after seeing all the kids HUGE smiles- we were all smiling and crying at this sweet moment!  God showed me that different doesn't mean bad, because this was so very good! And something we will remember forever.  




With their wonderful teachers: Mrs. Casey, Mrs. Alana, Mrs. Robin and Mrs. Katie


And finally #3... time with our wonderful neighbors. We have always known that God blessed us with amazing neighbors while we are in Jacksonville. But we are usually so busy that we just wave and say "hi" as we are coming in or out. But during this time at home we have truly gotten to know them and what an amazing gift it has been. Our neighbors next door to us have two teenagers, Caroline and Sam, and they just love our boys. They draw obstacle courses on the sidewalk for them, invite them to pool parties, take them on walks and yesterday they planned a graduation party.  It was so very special! Sam made them homemade cupcakes (blueberry for Luke, chocolate for Jack) and Caroline taught them how to make tie dye shirts. It was a wonderful afternoon! Getting to know them even more during this time has been such a sweet blessing that I am so glad we didn't miss. 









I hope I carry this lesson with me forever... through uncertain and hard times, God doesn't go away- He shows up in big ways!! He is so good to His children and showers His blessings on us in unexpected ways. 




No comments:

Post a Comment