Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Our Fantastic Summer... Part 1 (yes, there are parts)

We truly did have a fantastic summer! We tried to do something fun everyday, even if it just meant blowing up our inflatable pool and spending the day in our yard swimming and splashing. I think it was because finally, no one is in diapers, all three boys can swim and no one takes naps. It just made our days flow so much better! The first month of our summer was spent in Louisiana with my parents and sister's family. My nephew graduated from high school on May 17 so we packed up and made the drive and just decided to stay awhile. 

Our summer in Louisiana can be summed up in two words... family and water. We were always with my parents, the boys' cousins and somehow there was water involved. My sister's family put in a pool this spring and my cousin lives on the lake. It was wonderful! 

So many fun swim days!!

Where's Luke??

We always have a blast with our cousins!

Swimming at Gram's house. 

All the cousins at Julie's! I love it!


Chris on the jet ski with the boys! They loved this!
Tubing!
Abram missed his last day of school... He was fine with leaving early (of course) but he was sad about missing his last day of school party. So, on the last day of school, even though he wasn't there, we had a moving up to second grade party in the back yard. Complete with water toys and make your own sundaes!




Another fun thing that happened was one night we all went to Jason's Deli for dinner and about 5 firemen walked in. My boys were mesmerized.  The firemen walked up to say "hi" (since everyone was starring), and they invited the boys to come see their truck. They were in heaven!!



And, since we've last been home, Shreveport got a new aquarium. My mom and I took the boys for a visit one day. It was great and they had a blast!!


Also, my parents are so great with the boys, they make it easy for me to get away and take some trips.  Julie and I had our annual sisters weekend in Austin and Chris and I went to Cancun for a few days to celebrate my 40th birthday. Both trips were wonderful and the boys had a fun time with my parents while we were gone.



My nephew starts college this fall. He is going to LSU. Abram was totally confused by the whole college process. He thought since Cade was 18 and will be living in his dorm that we won't see him again. Poor boy. So, we all decided to go down there for a quick trip and show Abram around the campus. He had a great time seeing where Cade will be and we were also able to see Mike the Tiger!

Mike the Tiger!

Sweet Cousins. 

I am so very proud of him!!

But, of course when we got back to my parents, Abram told Jack and Luke all about Mike. They weren't too happy that they didn't see him. So, on our drive back to Jacksonville, we stopped over in Baton Rouge so they could see him, too!


We had an absolutely amazing time with my family. They love us so well and my boys have a blast with them!! It was so hard to leave but everyone is already looking forward to the next time we will see each other.  









No comments:

Post a Comment