Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Starting Kindergarten


This school year was big for us, not only did we move, but Abram started Kindergarten at West Riverside Elementary School.  Abram was a little nervous since he didn't know anyone but I reminded him that it was new for all kindergarteners! I love seeing God's perfect timing (again). I love that we moved in the summer between preschool and K. When we move is totally out of our hands but we know it is always in God's hands! 

I have been covering this day in prayer all summer long... I prayed for his teacher, classmates, to calm Abram's heart, that he would continue to love school and thrive and especially for the safety of his school.  We made a big deal out of shopping for his school supplies and we read all the books about starting kindergarten. We (yes, me and Abe) were ready!

Abram gets the privilege of being in a dual language school.  He spends half the day speaking Spanish and the second half speaking English. What an amazing opportunity! After three years, we can't wait to hear how much he knows!!


All smiles. I love that he does this picture for me every year!

In front of his new school. It is beautiful!

My sweet friend made Abe this shirt. It is an extra large and he will take his picture in it every year (hopefully until he is a senior). Craziness!!


His school theme this year. Love it!

Taking is picture with his star. After this picture he said, "that's it, mom, no more." I had to laugh!

His class star!
It is the sweetest thing, but when Abram is gone to school, Jack and Luke miss him so very much! They are thrilled when we leave to go pick him up every afternoon.  They all three love to play right when he walks in.  After his first day, they were so excited to sit at the table and do play dough with him! So sweet!


Enjoying his back to school dinner at his new favorite place, Chick-Fil-A!  


Chris and I still can't believe we have a kindergartener! He is just so amazing and we love to watch him learn.  I had to post this cute video of him reading to his brothers. He made this book at school and he was so proud of himself and he loved that Jack and Luke wanted to listen to him read! We are looking forward to a great year!







No comments:

Post a Comment