Friday, September 2, 2011

Ohgata Cho Farmers Market

So tonight Chris and I experienced something new for the first time... We have been in our house for eight months and once a week we see a truck selling vegetables parked in the empty lot across the street from our house. Before he parks he drives around our neighborhood playing music from his truck, just like the ice cream man.  I must admit Chris has always wanted to go see what he was selling, but I have been pretty nervous.  I didn't know if he would pressure us into buying things or just be plain creepy.  Well tonight after our dinner date, we decided to head on over and check him out.
We had such a fun time! He let us look in all his boxes where he had tons of fresh vegetables at amazing prices!  I think he really enjoyed seeing how excited we got!  After we paid, he continued to give us free veggies like onions and tomatoes.  I am always so pleasantly surprised at the kindness of the Japanese people.  They are just so giving and friendly!  I have definitely found my new produce stand!

Our vegetable man and his truck right across the street from our house

Our goodies we came home with!

2 comments:

  1. I can see how that would be a new favorite, especially with him practically delivering to your home!! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that was actually Dawn posting, but I didn't realize I was signed in as Nate. :)

    ReplyDelete