Monday, April 4, 2011

Sakura (Cherry Blossoms)

Ever since we arrived in Japan in December, I have been waiting for this... the cherry blossoms!  They are just as beautiful as I imagined them to be.  However, I thought they lasted all spring, but one of my Japanese students, Yasuko, informed me that they only last for ten days.  So I have been on a mission to see as many as I can.  I had to remind myself that I will be here next spring, too, so I will have to save some of the parks for next year!

The first park I went to is called "Seihicho Jikibago."  I went there with my photography club.  It was such a beautiful day!  Here are some pictures from my field trip...



These aren't cherry blossoms, but they were too pretty not to take a picture of.


My wonderful new friend, Maud

My parents get upset when I don't post pictures of myself... so this is for y'all mom and dad!





My second cherry blossom adventure was to the Outousai Festival in Hisami.  It is a cherry blossom and pottery festival.







With my sweet friends: Maud, Annie, Amy, and Donna



All the pottery... it's so fun to dig through and find treasures!



I'm off to find more cherry blossoms! I'll post more pictures later...


2 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Stephanie! I am so glad you are enjoying your time in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...you are a great photographer!! I want some of those pictures to frame! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete